Welcome to Children's Garden
Children’s Garden Center recognizes children as the leaders of tomorrow. Our administration and staff believe in working within an environment that is nurturing, safe and intellectually stimulating. We are committed to create an engaging learning environment that supports and respects the unique potential of each child through age appropriate best practice. We will work hard to create a strong collaborative partnership with parents to ensure that there is a bridge between our center and home for their children’s educational experience. Our center is dedicated to building a strong foundation and igniting the full potential of each child.
We hope everyone is having a happy, healthy & safe summer! We are preparing to open on August 3rd, 2020 with new health & safety policies.
Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!
We are a 5 star center!
The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is Michigan's state-funded preschool program for four-year-old children who turn four years of age before September 1st with factors which may place them at risk of educational failure. The program is administered by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Great Start. Funding is allocated to each intermediate school district to administer the program locally.
Research on preschool programs and specific research on GSRP indicates that children provided with a high-quality preschool experience show significant positive developmental differences when compared to children from the same backgrounds who did not attend a high-quality preschool program.
A Day at Summer Camp
Activity of the Day!
• This is a unique activity that will not be a part of their daily routine. We will provide a calendar that has these activities on them. Activity of the Day will suit the theme of that week.
• Special days are days that occur occasionally throughout summer camp. These especial days include electronic days, summer camp days, and water play outside. Please refer to the calendar of when these days are assigned.
• We will have a time during the day when your child will work on school-related work. Even though its summer time, we want to make sure that the children are continually exercising their brain, please bring in a booklet for your child to work on, if not, we will make copies of work according to their grade level.
Small Group Work
• Small group work is a time during the day where the children get a chance to work with their friends. It’s an opportunity to further develop their team-building skills, as well as their critical thinking skills. Small group activities will consist of:
o Board Games
o Arts and crafts
o Plays, etc.
Large Group Work
• Large group will be activities that the class will be doing together. This will be Activity of the Day.
• The child will choose an activity of their choice!
Children's Garden Infant and Toddler Program
More than a typical daycare center, Children's Garden adheres to the highest standards of education, safety, security cleanliness and loving care our center is local, neighborhood places where parents know our teachers and staff, and each other. Children's Garden is proud to offer the High Scope Curriculum which emphasizes the process of active learning.
Caring teachers, custom education just for your child specialized programs, proven curriculum.
-Serving children from 6 weeks to Preschool
-Low teacher to child ratio
-Hot nutritions meals prepared onsite